The MLSP's labour and social policy units at the embassies of the Republic of Bulgaria
The MLSP's labour and social policy offices at the embassies of the Republic of Bulgaria
Welcome to the website of the Labour and Social Policy Offices!
A network of the MLSP's Labour and Social Policy Offices (LSPOs) at the diplomatic missions of the Republic of Bulgaria in the European countries with the largest Bulgarian communities started to emerge in 2006 which was prompted by the need for timely and competent information and assistance to Bulgarian nationals after the country's accession to the EU.
At present, there are eight LSPOs at the embassies of Bulgaria in:
· Republic of Austria (Vienna);
· Swiss Confederation (Bern);
· Greece (Athens);
· Cyprus (Nicosia);
· United Kingdom (London);
· Ireland (Dublin);
· Spain (Madrid);
· Federal Republic of Germany (Berlin).
Their heads are experts of the European Affairs and International Cooperation Directorate, based at the embassies in Vienna, Athens, London, Madrid and Berlin, who provide services to our fellow citizens, and at our embassies in Switzerland, Cyprus and Ireland.
The task of LSPOs is to contribute to the successful implementation of the policy of the Republic of Bulgaria in the field of free movement of workers and the related coordination of social security systems in the EU, management of labour migration and protection of the interests of Bulgarian citizens in these areas. In this regard, LSPOs perform the following key activities:
· they provide assistance in connection with labour mobility/ migration and integration of migrant workers;
· they ensure the protection of the interests of Bulgarian citizens employed in the relevant countries;
· they provide information on the terms and conditions for employment in the respective countries and in Bulgaria;
· they develop bilateral cooperation and contractual basis with the Republic of Bulgaria in the field of labour and social policy.
What assistance do LSPOs provide?
LSPOs can provide you with:
· information and support on issues concerning legal employment;
· information, replies to inquiries and consultation regarding legal regulations in the field of labour and social affairs in the EU and the countries concerned;
· information, replies to inquiries and advice on legislation in the field of employment and social policy to citizens and companies regarding employment in Bulgaria.
LSPOs cannot help you find a job, but will do their best within their remit to protect your labour and social rights.
The services, proveded by the LSPOs are free of charge.
Please find below some tips to take into account when looking for a job abroad:
Tips for looking for a job abroad in order to avoid violations and fraud
The MLSP Customer Charter, available on the homepage of the Ministry's website, will help you give us your suggestions, opinions and recommendations in connection with the respective LSPOs assistance. Your feedback will help us fulfil our commitment to provide even better services, treating our customers with professionalism and understanding. For this purpose you can fill in the online form of praise, signal, complaint or suggestions available at: